March 15, 2012

Where My Paintings Live

A little peek into part of my studio. This is the chest of drawers that I use to store my paintings and art materials that aren't in use.  The beautiful nest painting is by my friend, Canadian artist Jody Edwards.  

Because most of my paintings are very small, it is easy for me to store them in a piece of furniture like this. I have a few larger paintings that I store in portfolio cases. The bottom drawer contains paintings done by Emma and ChloƩ.

Here's a little look at some of my paintings. I've spread them out for the photo. I usually have them stacked in piles according to their size.

My studio is in a loft on the top floor of our house. Because it is a loft, the ceiling is sloped.  That means I can't put any tall furniture against the walls.  I was really happy to find this chest of drawers that was exactly the right height. I painted both the walls and ceiling a peachy rose colour several years ago. I still like the colour but I think I would prefer a light periwinkle blue (my favourite colour) if I was to do it again.

I'll show you more of my studio soon. I still have a lot of things to organize that are taking up room on part of the floor.

I have been going through a number of my paintings today (none of which are in the photos above) trying to decide which ones I would be willing to sell. So some of my paintings may have new homes soon.  I'll share the details here once I'm organized.

14 comments:

  1. You're so talented! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. where all the magic is stored ...
    thank you for sharing a part of yourself (in a way)
    I love seeing artists' studios & creative spaces
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia. You always word things so beautifully. I will show more of my creative space as I create more order in it! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, that looks so calm and tranquil there....I need calm and tranquil....My room looks no better? I can see some serious spring cleaning coming up, when I get a moment. Your paintings look lovely all stacked together, very organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that corner is! I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the room in better order and feeling a little calmer. You've been very, very busy lately. It's hard to do everything.

      Delete
  4. like the way your paintings were contained by the confines of the furniture, it's like finding something you'll never dare exchange to anything ang just anything in the world. also, the atmosphere it provides to the photo is warm and sweet. :)

    i'll follow more posts from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment and thanks for following. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. your works are beautiful...love the storage idea and concept ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love art and flowers, so finding yours are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me. :) I just hopped from your blog to your Society6 shop. Very beautiful!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)