March 18, 2012

Oh Joy!

I love this moment of every year when the first spring bulbs bloom in my garden. Talk about joy.  Today is an unseasonably warm day.  20C in March.  Glorious. Despite the early warmth, my crocuses aren't that far off their regular blooming schedule.  I always write the date on my calendar.  Last year, the first crocus bloomed on April 1st. In 2010 it was even earlier--on March 15th.  No matter what the weather is in the upcoming weeks, warm or cold, it means we have turned the page.

I think I might paint some crocuses this week. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hurrah, trumpets blowing, flowers are blooming wonderful...they are like little bits of sunshine glowing at us. I love all the spring blooms, and am so glad I took the time to stick those bulbs in, because Oh what Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love spring bulbs. Can't wait for the tulips and daffodils now. :)

      Delete
  2. those yellow ones are so happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To combine your words and those of Julie: bits of happy sunshine. :)

      Delete
  3. they're lovely! :D

    20C in March is pretty cold in my side of the world. Here, March means summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how blogging helps us appreciate what is happening in all parts of the world. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)