January 23, 2012

Cucumbers & Nail Polish

I don't know if you occasionally look at the Etsy shop listings at the right side of the page.  I've added a few new prints the last few days as well as some gift cards.  I just added the Cucumber Slices print this morning.  Emma has asked for the original painting to put in her room. I've done this print on lovely Fabriano Artistico cold pressed watercolour paper. My printing experiments continue!

I'll keep adding new things to my shop as I can. The scanning and photography process takes so much time. Today is a lovely bright day which certainly helps the photos.  There have been so many drab days lately.  I'm also enjoying using one of my Christmas presents--a camera tripod.

And did you notice? I put on nail polish!  I was getting so tired of seeing my ragged nails showing in photos. In the summer, no matter how often I clean them there are always stubborn bits of garden dirt under them. In the winter, they tend to be paint and food stained. (We've been eating a lot of beets lately.) Plus, I have the very bad habit of using them to pry things open. Nail polish lasts about an hour on me without getting chipped, but I do like looking at it on the rare occasions that I do put it on.  Emma and ChloĆ© are much more beauty-oriented than I have ever been. They teach me more than I teach them in that whole area.  Funny how that is.

I haven't been painting the past few days and need to get back into my studio. I can feel it when I have been away from it too long.

*  *  *  *  *

Nail polish update:  It's already coming off.  It looked pretty nice for a couple of hours. :)

*  *  *  *  *

New nail polish update:  Emma says I need to put on two coats and an overcoat. (I told you the beauty advice moves upward in our house.) She has also offered to colour coordinate my nail polish colours with the paintings I am photographing. Not sure I'm ready for green nail polish. But who knows where this period of evolution will take me. :)

*  *  *  *  *

Newer nail polish update:  ChloĆ© passed me in the hall last night and says 'Whoa, you have nail polish on!'  Told you it wasn't a normal occurrence. :)

8 comments:

  1. Print and nailpolish looking great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, nails and painting! I can't seem to tolerate nail polish, I can feel it weighing on my nails and don't like it?? Crazy that I know, don't mind some on the toes in the summer. :) Hope you get some sunshine soon? or snow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is crazy lately. It's mild and everything's melting today. On Friday, it was so cold I could barely breathe on my walk with Meeko. And last Wednesday, the girls didn't go to school because a windstorm had knocked out the power to their school. Never know what's next. :)

      Delete
  3. my nails are feeling so very neglected
    but perhaps that will change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad you don't live closer to Geninne! :)

      Delete
  4. Totally going to check out your shop. These look so cool, refreshing and crisp! Make my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie--I just checked out your blog and it caused a bit of a sensation in our house (I've left a comment on your blog too). My daughters are very impressed that I had a comment from the owner of Olivine's Charm School. They know you from 'A Beautiful Mess' I think. Thanks for the lovely comment on my cucumber painting/print. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)