May 4, 2014

A Season Full of Promise


Well, we sure had to wait for it but spring is really here. The leaves are starting to open on the trees and there is finally colour in my garden. This is one of my favourite times of year.

I'm not the only one celebrating. There was a gathering of cedar waxwings and a robin in the backyard this morning.

It has rained most of the weekend but I'm not complaining. First of all, it's not snow. It's providing nourishment for the garden. Many flowers are in bloom but there are still so many still to come. I have seeds to plant and annuals to buy. It's a season full of promise and possibilities.

Here's a tiny bouquet of garden flowers from me to you.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, thank goodness no more snow ! And you have quite a gorgeous choice of flowers in your garden ! You sure know how to pick them well !
    Thank you for the bouquet, how very sweet !
    Have a beautiful week ahead, Kathleen !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonia. If you lived closer I would give you a real bouquet! :) xoxo

      Delete
    2. aw sweet you ! thank you ! oxox

      Delete
  2. So glad Kathleen spring has come to you. Looks like you are going to have lots of inspiration from your garden. I am gathering violets right now. They make me so happy when they are blooming. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! :) Oh violets! I love them. There are usually some in our back lawn. They should be there soon. Have a lovely week too.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)