May 13, 2012

New Paintings and Mother's Day Wishes

Here is a little nature collection composed of three paintings I've been working on in the past week.  The shell painting was already included in a previous post, but you're seeing this particular feather study and the painting of a forget-me-not stem for the first time.  I'm sending out warm Mother's Day wishes to my own mom and all of the other lovely moms who come to read these pages.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

On this Mother's Day, I woke up to the smell of delicious waffles being prepared for me by Emma. My gifts were memoirs by Rosanne Cash and Diane Keaton and recipe books (no, I don't have enough yet) by Béatrice Peltre and Heidi Swanson.  Chloé has also said she wants me to pick out a fish for my studio and she will pay for it. I'm going to get a betta.  Meeko gave me Norah Jones' latest CD (very thoughtful of him).

On Mother's Day, it's nice to spend a little time on favourite activities.  I worked on my forget-me-not painting this morning and plan to work in my vegetable garden this afternoon. I'll take some photos of my progress and post them later this week.

For your Mother's Day enjoyment, here are some photos I took yesterday in the garden. I wish I could transfer their fragrance along with the images. The lilacs in particular smell so beautiful this week.

"Um, wait a minute. Meeko, have you been in my garden?"
"No, and I really hate being blamed for what the other kids do."

14 comments:

  1. Gah - gorgeous flower pics, I WISH it looked like that in my garden right now! Those waffles are sure looking OK too..! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience. Your garden will look beautiful very soon! Loved your post today. :)

      Delete
  2. everything looks so gorgeous in your part of this fine country
    especially those new paintings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. It's a beautiful time of the year.

      Delete
  3. sounds like a perfect mother`s day! your new paintings looks great - love all the colours in the feather!

    I`ll have to get out and stop and smell the lilacs in our garden this week - it has been a whirlwind lately - our lilac tree (or would that be grafted onto a treeÉ) are not blooming yet - it`s nice to have the different species blooming at different times though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a good one too! I love the scent of lilacs--probably one of my favourite garden smells.

      Delete
  4. Waffles look delicious, yum. Love the feather and forget-me-not paintings, feather looks beautiful! The flowers are gorgeous, is that 'love lies bleeding'? (the pink hearts) so lovely and stunning. Meeko is just an angel isn't he:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. That's the second painting I've done of the same feather and I'm happier with this one. We call the flowers 'bleeding hearts' (dicentra spectabilis). They are quite spectacular at the moment.

      Delete
  5. A wonderful day by the sounds of it! Love your painting, and give Meeko a tickle under the chin from me.

    I hope that all affected by the tragedy in your previous post are dealing as best they can. You never know what's around the corner.

    My blood pressure is suffering - my boy Jez fianlly got his Driver's Licence late this afternoon, and is on the roads alone. Great for no more "Mum's Taxi", but the flip side is the worry! Being a mum is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeko says thanks for the scratch! Emma is asking for driving lessons. We've been putting it off for almost a year (she turns 17 in two weeks) but I must get brave! Tough indeed.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! He's a rascal and a sweetie all rolled into one. :)

      Delete
  7. these watercolours are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. That means a lot to me. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)