March 2, 2012

Trowel or Shovel?

I was very happy to be able to put some new prints in my Etsy shop this week. When I look at my shop now, it's starting to look more like me. There is definitely a theme to the new prints, maybe even more than one. Flowers for sure. Spring. Lots of purple and green. Quite a few pansies. And a sweet little ladybug.

Today, I added a print based on a painting I did of crocuses.  The crocuses aren't from my garden this year.  That would take a shovel and a heat lamp to make happen (don't think I haven't considered it).

Finally, I'd like to take a moment to say that I've taken note of all of the recent cruel posts by my so-called blogging 'friends' from afar. There's more than one of you. Photos of flowers blooming in your gardens and in surrounding areas. Do you snicker as you post them? Ha ha, this will drive Kathleen crazy! She's still up to her boot tops in snow!  Somewhere between December and now, magical wintertime turns into plain old March for me.  Meeko's still having fun in the snow. I try to concentrate on that, but literally all I can think about is flowers in my garden.  Now where's my shovel?


6 comments:

  1. Aww Kathleen ... I'm sorry you are still snowed in ... but be reassured, I wish I had the snow you have, just as much as you'd like to have our (usually, ok most of the time) mild winters.
    You have the talent to make spring happen in your shop, and that's not particularly given to everyone ! You should be extremely proud !
    oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Sonia! I'm just teasing you all. But winter does get a little tired at this point. I will concentrate on painting my flowers for now! xx

      Delete
  2. Don't worry Kathleen, just think of all the work you'll be able to do once the flowers are out, you're paintbrush will be on fire :) I don't mean to tease, it's just quite exciting when the first flowers come through, spring is so worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. I get very, very excited when the flowers start coming up too. Just hard to wait!

      Delete
  3. Autumn flush time here - roses and lilies having one last fling before winter. Winter - Hah! 37C here again tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so mean...it's -5C here this morning.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)