March 6, 2012

Prints on Paper and in the Snow

I have been working so hard lately trying to get more prints into my shop.  I'm pretty happy with my progress. Each painting offers its own challenges when I try to convert it into print form while trying to be as true as possible to the original. My perfectionism helps and hinders me along the way, if you know what I mean.

My most recent additions are prints of my seashell and snowdrop paintings.  You saw the seashell painting as it was in progress but I'm not certain that I've showed you the snowdrop painting here before. It's actually the prints that are in these photos.

While everything I have added to my Etsy shop lately speaks of spring and summer, we are still surrounded by snow. It won't last long as the temperatures are supposed to climb tomorrow and Thursday. This is the time of year when I flutter between not being able to wait one more moment to see my garden, to sadness at saying goodbye to winter.  This photo of my sweet dark-eyed juncos was taken in late February (the same day that I took all of the cardinal photos).  I'll miss how beautifully they contrast with the snow.

When Meeko and I went for our walk this afternoon, we were both walking a little slower than normal--maybe to savour the last days of the season. The following photos were all taken with my iPod Touch this afternoon.

This week is the March school break for Emma and Chloé. Chloé unfortunately has ended up sicked with a fever and sore throat. She is quite annoyed to be sick during her vacation and I can totally understand. It happened to me so many times when I was young. I would be sick on weekends and vacations and hardly ever missed school.  She is starting to feel better so I hope to do a few things with Emma and her during the vacation that's left.  Not that they haven't enjoyed pajama days, Tumblr, t.v. shows and movies. If I've missed visiting your blog recently, it's mostly because my routine has been off its normal track.  They go back to school on Monday. I hope to get back into my studio then to do some more painting.

10 comments:

  1. with my last child off to university this year is the first one where we don't have a march break. I must say i am missing it. Enjoy what is left of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie. It's interesting how the school year defines our lives for so long.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the illness. Hope all is well soon. Love the blue grey shadows in the snow....we've had lots of sunshine this week, buds are bursting....I will post some photies soon :) I like the dusky colour of those dark eyed junkos, that's a wonderful name.I'd never heard of them up to this year, sweet little birds. You have disappeared from my blog list again?? I don't know why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a change in the air here today for sure. The bird are singing more cheerfully and a lot of snow has melted since this morning.

      Sometimes I find 'refreshing' my blogger page where the blogs are listed bring the missing ones back. Sometimes I have to refresh a few times. It's like they are still there but hidden. I've reported it more than once but seems to be an ongoing glitch.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathleen, I recently started following your blog. I love the seashells and the Vincent Van Gogh quote is one of my favorites too.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rita! I love that Van Gogh quote and have it posted on a bulletin board right by my work table. :)

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so crisp and fresh, even the prints!

    Children perk up pretty quickly, I hope she still has time to enjoy herself before school.

    BTW, did you find out about the feathers? I can always just send the shells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, I was able to go shopping with Chloé yesterday afternoon--one of her very favourite activities.

      Much of the snow has melted as it was very warm yesterday although there were snowflakes in the air last night. March is always a confusing month weather-wise here.

      I'll send you an email about the feathers. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I hope the sickness is gone soon! And you know; I think you´re most likely right about what my pets are thinking..! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was feeling better near the end of the week.

      Your dog and cat are so beautiful. Mind you, I have a pretty cute sofa decorating accessory here too. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)