September 15, 2011

Tiny Painting of Muscari


Here's a little painting I've been working on.  I've photographed it in my hand to give you a sense of scale.  (I think that photo makes my hand look gargantuan which it is not...so I will give you the actual dimensions of the paper too -- it measures 2½ x 3¾ inches.)

I love working small and used to paint miniature formats exclusively.  Now I also paint bigger at times too, although 'bigger' to me is not the same 'bigger' to someone else. :)

I have also been working on my Pathway painting, adding details here and there.  I wonder if you can see the difference?


It is a grey and rainy day here, but I'm about to brave the elements, as my fluffy, four-legged friend doesn't mind any kind of weather. We're off for a rainy walk.  We may even walk along the pathway.

*  *  *  *  *

(Speaking of my canine companion, I have just discovered that, while I was writing this post, he was eating the corner of one of our sofa cushions.  I heard him chomping but thought he was working on a toy.  I most definitely need a walk now!)

6 comments:

  1. Around here the household item of choice to nosh is currently area rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. froggy -- Meeko has a varied diet. He also ate the dust cover off of one of my nice gardening books this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:01 PM EDT

    Love your work!!! So nice : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. smallsweetsteps -- Thank you so much! I think your work is lovely and delicate and am happy to have discovered it during my little journey from Pinterest to Etsy to your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this one, i love love it. it will be nice to have post card like that.
    Your paper is almost like washi. do you use washi paper(http://www.japanesepaperplace.com/abt-japanese-paper/about-washi.htm) or canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coco -- Thanks so much! This painting is on very thick 300 lb. Arches watercolour paper. I haven't tried painting on washi paper but I know the Japanese Paper Place (Nancy Jacobi used to buy my greeting cards many years ago). I hope to print some images and sell them on Etsy in the near future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)