September 19, 2011

Parisian Flower Market

Flowers & Paris.  I'm not sure that I can think of a better or more beautiful combination of things.

This is an image from the the Parisian 'Marché aux fleurs' on Île de la Cité.  This particular market has existed in this spot since 1808.  My heart beats faster when I visit this flower market.

I have been working today on finishing the details of this painting.  This is the stage of the painting process where I can start to feel like I am going a little insane.  There is a lot of detail in my flowers and knowing when to stop can be a tricky thing.  I will think that I'm finished and then I will notice one more small thing that needs to be adjusted.  I think I'm close to being done.

6 comments:

  1. I love your Parisain flower market Kathleen, I've come to you via Geninnes blog, your other watercolours are lovely too! You are fairly new to this blogging like me, I keep thinking I will stop, but it's always nice to get some lovely comments. I'm enjoying seeing your garden too, so lovely.
    Best wishes, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie -- Your comments made my day. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello kathleen,
    just came across your blog, this is a very lovely flower drawing.
    thanks for sharing with us.
    I love gardening, flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. coco -- Thank you so much for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that is REALLY lovely! I wish I could paint more realistically in watercolors. Such talent it takes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebekka -- That is really nice of you to say. I admire the style of your artwork and wish I could paint a little less realistically sometimes. Funny how we are all different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)