August 12, 2011

Mother Nature As Artist




Sometimes the colours found in nature are just amazingly beautiful. 

I would like to pretend that this is the harvest from my garden but, if you read my previous post, you know the current state of my vegetable patch.  And, of course, it would be wishful thinking on my part to try and grow Rainier cherries in my Zone 5 garden in Eastern Canada.

The beans and tomatoes come from the wonderful organic farm that we have been receiving a weekly basket from for the past 16 years.  I wish you could touch the yellow tomatoes in the foreground of the photo.  They are 'peach tomatoes' and they really do have a soft, fuzzy exterior.  As they ripen a little more, they will get some rosy, peachy tones on their skin which sometimes also show up on the inside flesh.  They are almost too pretty to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)