August 8, 2011

A Birthday in Paris


I was lucky enough to spend the beginning of the summer in London and Paris on vacation with my family. 

We were in Paris on my birthday so I got to choose what we did that day.  At the top of my list was visiting le Musée de l'Orangerie where Claude Monet's beautiful waterlily paintings Les Nymphéas are installed.  I've been there before but it was still a magical experience to be wrapped by those gorgeous paintings.  The first time I visited that museum many years ago, I actually burst into tears.  It's one thing to see pictures of paintings in books, it's another to be standing right in front of them--especially beautiful paintings of such a magnificent scale.

A walk along La Seine, a visit to a tiny, lovely art supply store called Sennelier (it's been there since 1887!) to buy some paintbrushes and dinner in one of our favourite restaurants rounded out a very special day.

A lovely arrangement on the welcome desk of L'Orangerie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)