February 27, 2015

My Art at the 2015 Canadian Screen Awards!

Collection of five nature inspired note cards
In January, I was very excited to be contacted and asked to provide some of my art cards to the presenters at the Canadian Screen Awards taking place in Toronto on March 1st.

This prestigious awards ceremony which honours excellence in Canadian film, television and digital media will be hosted by actress and comedian Andrea Martin. Confirmed presenters include Kiefer Sutherland, Julianne Moore, Kim Cattrall, Megan Follows, Tatiana Maslany and Eugene Levy, along with many others. My cards will be going into gift bags along with lots of other wonderful products.

Above is the collection of note cards that I assembled--five cards featuring some of my favourite watercolour paintings. I think these images provide a good sense of me as a Canadian artist. The paintings I chose were inspired by my garden, forested areas in our region and a beach visited on a vacation. I chose my popular 'Maple Leaves' image as the centre of my collection, since the maple leaf is an iconic symbol of Canada.

I considered including my 'Winter Forest' painting but then thought 'No...we've all had enough winter at this point!'. Instead I included two of my spring garden images.

Nature collection, maple leaves and chickadee cards

Because I print my cards in my studio, feed them into my printer one by one and finish them by hand, it took me about four days to print, trim, score and package everything. These cards were produced with love and care!

What an amazing thrill to share my watercolour art with such a talented group of people! I really hope that they enjoy my artwork.

For those of you in Canada, the Canadian Screen Awards will air on Sunday March 1st at 8:00 p.m. on CBC (8:30 in NT).

This special note card collection is now available for purchase in my art shop: http://www.trowelandpaintbrush.com/product/nature-collection-set-of-watercolour-cards.

I am constantly adding new work to my art shop and will continue to add things in upcoming weeks. I hope you'll take a peek every now and then.

❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  



10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS sweet Kathleen ! I'm so excited for you ! I hope it will bring you lots of exposure & a good bunch of new customers !
    Have a delightful weekend ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonia, for your lovely good wishes and friendship. xo

      Delete
  2. SO exciting, such an honor! I am so very happy for you! And of course, for the lucky recipients of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I appreciate your kind words very much.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! I have a print in the gift bags this year - I'm interested to see if it increases exposure :) Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Congratulations to you! It would be lovely to see everything that was included in the gift bag. I think it's wonderful they involved Canadian artists and artisans.

      Delete
  4. Congrats, how fun for you! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)