November 11, 2014

Gardening Season Draws to a Close

The snow hasn't arrived here yet. I was able to work in the garden a bit today. My fall clean-up is pretty much done. It's nice when the snow waits until I am finished. There have been many years when I have been caught by surprise by an early snowstorm.

I took these photos a couple of weeks ago when I was bringing some hydrangeas into the house. I discovered some spotted stowaways and thought I would share my photos of them. I saw ladybugs today too. The warm sun seems to bring them out.

There are several months in the year when I am very torn between painting and gardening. The winter months remove that pressure. When it's cold and snowy, painting is the obvious choice. As much as I will miss my garden, I look forward to cozy studio time.



6 comments:

  1. these photographs are so very stunning. Maybe when the garden is covered in its wintery blanket you will be inspired to paint one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Margie. I took them on the back step holding the hydrangea branch in one hand and my camera in the other. :) I am very tempted to do a painting of one.

      Delete
  2. Kathleen , These photos are lovely. Cozy studio time sounds wonderful. I know you will turn out lovely paintings! love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, and what incredible photos, what a color palette !!! Very inspiring ! oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the brown and pink of the hydrangea blooms! Not to mention the ladybugs! :) Thanks so much, Sonia. xoxo

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave me a comment. I love reading them. -- Kathleen

(Please note that comments with links to ads or commercial websites will be deleted.)

BROWSE MY BLOG BY THEME

autumn (26) backyard (19) birds (17) creativity (7) family (37) flowers (32) friends (13) garden (72) gardening (7) hope (8) leaves (17) Meeko (95) nature photography (14) original watercolor (9) painting (55) paintings (34) print (12) rain (16) soft-coated Wheaten terrier (28) spring (28) studio (13) summer (12) watercolor (102) watercolour (98) winter (19)